HERE ARE SOME DAILY PRAYER AND JOURNAL STARTERS FOR YOU THIS WEEK. USE THEM TO HELP START YOUR TIME WITH JESUS.
Daily Devotions: Mornings are a great time to spend time with the Lord before you start the day. If mornings are difficult you have plenty of hours in the day to get your word time in.
1. What are you doing in your daily quite time with God?
2. What Scriptures are you memorizing?
3. How is your prayer life?
4. Have you been consistent?
Experiencing God: There’s nothing greater than God's love and there's nothing like experiencing His love.
1. When are you planning on fasting?
2. Are you worshiping regularly? (church and otherwise)
3. What has God been telling you regarding you “broken sin patterns?”
4. What movements and/or leading of the Holy Spirit did you experience since we last met?
Virtuous Character: Our freedom wasn't cheap, it was purchased at a great cost. The cost of the God's son, Jesus Christ, his willingness to suffer the punishment of the cross gives you and I the opportunity of eternal life. Accountability reminds us that we are free from sin and death, and we're to remain free.
1. Have you viewed or read any sensual or sexually explicit material since we last met?
2. Have you been with a person of the opposite sex in any way since we last me that could be viewed as compromising?
3. Have you been sensitive to your spouse’s sexual needs?
4. Has your speech been edifying, sarcastic, or somewhere in between?
5. What fruit of the Spirit do you desire to have evident in your life in a greater way?
Outreach: The command is clear we are to go, disciple, baptize, and teach. God places people on our hearts for a reason. Those are the people God wants us to love and minister to. Our families, friends, and co-workers we're surrounded by those He loves. Let's share God's love through virtuous living and patient-love.
1. Who are you praying for daily to enter saving relationship with Jesus?
2. What evangelistic acts of kindness and grace have you done since we last met?
Tithes and Offerings: The word believe, or believer, or believing is used 275 times. The word pray, or prayer, or praying is used 371 times. The word love, or lover, loves, or loving is used 714 times. The word giving, or give is used 2162 times. God blesses the cheerful giver! As Christ-followers we're to be generous with our time, talents, and our treasures. Tithes and offerings is the only time in the bible where God says to test him. If you've never been a tither of your finances I would encourage you to take the 90-day Giving Challenge. For the next 90 days tithe 10% of you income to the Lord and see what God does.
1. Have you been faithful with your tithes?
2. When have you exercised financial generosity toward other since we last met?
Equipped for Ministry: We must be equipped to go into our homes, workplaces, and the marketplace to show Christ. We all have been given gifts from the Lord. We must be using those gifts to build up the body of Christ (the church). Let's use the talents, treasures, and the time God has blessed us with.
1. How are you doing in your ministry?
2. What is the Lord showing you about Himself and those to whom you minister?
3. How are you doing with using your spiritual gifts?
Discipling others: We need to be pouring our lives into other people. I build into my life someone that mentors me, someone that's at eye level with me, they're in the same pattern of life I'm in, and someone that I can pour into. We need to release all that God has given us to others.
1. Have you given quality time and priority to your family?
2. What you pouring your life into and what is the Lord showing you?
3. Who is ahead of you, alongside you, and behind you spiritually?